About Amy Fisher
Lawyer and Principal
03 5223 2333
- Wills and estate planning
- Powers of attorney
- Probate and estate administration
- Contesting estates
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Accredited Specialist, Wills & Estates Law
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Bachelor of Laws (Deakin University)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Deakin University)
- Professional Certificate in Self Managed Superannuation Funds (University of Adelaide)
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
Amy Fisher is an Accredited Specialist in Wills & Estates Law, which is a recognition of her industry-leading expertise and training. She is known for her exceptional knowledge, careful work, detailed consideration and friendly and compassionate approach.
As a lawyer with more than 20 years of experience, Amy has:
- Financial and business capability
- Taxation know-how
- Superannuation training
These skills are a vital part of her work and allow her to provide comprehensive estate planning services to her clients.
Before becoming a lawyer, Amy worked as a taxation consultant for a large accounting firm. Her responsibilities included the management of financial, business and property issues. This experience has played a significant part in Amy's understanding of how business needs interact with personal estate planning and the need to minimise taxation issues.
Amy established Succession Legal in 2010 with a mission to provide tailored advice and a dedicated local service for wills and estates law.
Her growing practice highlighted another issue often sidelined in estate planning: superannuation. So, in 2013, Amy completed a Professional Certificate in Self Managed Superannuation Funds, giving her the capability to provide superannuation advice as part of her estate planning services.
Having spent many years working in her family's small businesses, Amy has a significant understanding of the pressures and challenges faced by business operators. It's a valuable support for many estate planning clients.
She has strong ties to the local Geelong area, and her past and present community activities include:
- Chamber of Commerce, Geelong
- Geelong Law Association
- Geelong Business Club (former committee member)
- Kardinia Rotary Club (former member and Paul Harris Fellow)
- Chow Chow Club of Victoria (current treasurer)
Her eye for detail and exacting work extends to her love of renovations, and when you visit our office, you'll get to see her handy work. Fun fact: she painted the interior herself.
On the weekends, Amy spends time with her beloved chow chow dogs, gardening, or reading a good crime novel.